Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Blue Week Continued: Models Own True Blue

Helloooooo! I have another pretty blue for you today, a color that actually kind of surprised me. You see, when I saw True Blue on the Models Own website, I assumed it would be a squishy creme/jelly, and really (as you'll see soon) it's like a neon finish. A little matte, I guess I'd call it satiny? Anyway, I'm getting ahead of myself here...

Ahhh pre-cleanup picture! Don't judge! Don't judge!

And I actually planned this color specifically to support a local team, so I added some random polka dots with my Migi pens (what I affectionately call "nail art" because it's about all I'm capable of so far) once that was dry and attempted some cleanup:

With topcoat and nail art :)

Warning: this polish stains ya! (For evidence, please see my middle finger in the picture above.) You gotta be careful, but it's a pretty polish! I'm not sure it's one of my favorites, but it was worth trying out and I didn't hate it (although the team lost so that was a bummer). What do you think of True Blue?

xoxo,
Amanda

4 comments:

Mommy Does said...

The polka dots are amazing! I love the color combination. My nail art stops at stamping plates so I'm right there with ya!

Emily said...

I seriously love blue polish. It's definitely in my top 3 colors. I don't own any models own yet though... we'll have to do a group order sometime ;-D

Anonymous said...

That blue is pretty. Great accent nail!

Amanda said...

Thanks! Emily, we should wait for another good sale OR Beetlejuice?!