Thursday, November 24, 2011

BFF Week: Nicole of Nightly Nails

Happy Thanksgiving, American readers! Hopefully you're reading this while smelling some delicious food cooking... yum.... Today is another person I'm thankful for on this blogosphere, my good friend Nicole from Nightly Nails. Nicole is someone I was originally intimidated by; she's one of the original bloggers to me, but she never comes off that way. She's so happy to talk to you on twitter and be honest and helpful and sweet. Okay, I'm gushing, enough and onto Nicole's post!

Hi everyone! Amanda asked me to do a guest post for her, for her BFF week. *fangirls* Amanda is SUCH a sweetie! So I put on my thinking cap, but in the end it turned out to not be hard to come up with something awesome for her, since I know she's a glitter addict.

I recently got OPI Grape, Set, Match and Servin' Up Sparkle. I pulled this pair out and thought, well, Servin' Up Sparkle would make a great glittery tip for Grape, Set, Match. Right? Right!

Now, when I first saw pictures for this, I really wasn't that interested. I didn't think I absolutely needed Grape, Set, Match. It's pretty, but was it something I had to have? Probably not. So when I put it on, I was utterly astounded at how awesome it is. Let's see if I can describe it for you.

You know how China Glaze has the famous glass fleck finish? That's what this is, grape glass fleck goodness. This is a perfect mid toned purple jelly with glass fleck shimmer throughout. It has a blue flash. This is pretty opaque at three coats, too. After it dried, I dabbed a bit of Servin' Up Sparkle onto my tips and cleaned off the brush, and then dragged the glitter down my nail. I added a bit more at the tips for super sparkle effect. Servin' Up Sparkle is a clear based jelly with both small and large holographic glitter. The large pieces are hex shaped.





So, I hope this is suitably sparkly enough to grace Amanda's blog! Thank you Amanda, for asking me to be your guest. I hope you all enjoyed it!

This is, of course, perfect for my blog! Don't you all agree? Thanks Nicole!

xoxo,
Amanda 

7 comments:

Fashion Footing said...

Fantastic combination! Happy Thanksgiving!

Jacqui of The Scholarly Nail said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I can never seem to get the gradient technique down, and this one is flawless! Happy Thanksgiving all!

Amanda said...

Ooooh! Blingtastic! I love this one Nicole!

Amanda said...

I should have worn this combo this way! I need to master sponging and gradients too...

Nicole said...

Oh, you guys are so sweet! Amanda, you really thought I was intimidating? Aww, haha! I'm glad you know I'm not now! <3333

Amanda said...

Intimidating in that you wouldn't have time for a baby blogger like me... now I know better :) <3

MissMidnightBlue said...

I love this together. the gradient is awesome. I need to practice this.