Saturday, November 12, 2011

Wet n Wild Buffy the Violet Slayer + glitter

Hey ladies! Another late post today, I'm sorry. I stayed at my boyfriend's house again and didn't have anything saved up to show you, so this is hot off the presses!

I started this mani off with two coats of Wet n Wild's Buffy the Violet Slayer, which is a very vibrant violet. It was really easy to work with (I love WnW's brushes, even though I think they're a bit too stiff) and it was pretty shiny on its own (below is no top coat).


Then I added glitter because it was a weekend and I figured "why not?", so I put Color Club Wish Upon a Rockstar on top. WUAR is a multicolored glitter featuring large pinky-silver hex and smaller glitter in red, aqua, silver, green, and gold.


Lots of people were disappointed by this collection by Color Club but I loved it! Yes, the glitters are large and kind of tricky, but nothing unmanageable and I'm glad to see a glitter collection out! This one was, of course, my favorite and I bought two bottles. Just in case.


What are your thoughts? What other colors could I have paired this with?

xoxo,
Amanda

3 comments:

SeeSarahSwatch said...

this looks so fun:] I love the wet n wild!

Stephanie Merlin said...

I never wanted to touch those Color Club glitters, but the way you have it layered makes me reconsider. It looks great!

Unknown said...

I love the layering affect :)