Saturday, August 18, 2012

NOTD: Love-ly Weekend

Hello hello hellooooooo! What are you all up to this weekend? I'm away... again! This time I'm away with my boyfriend for my birthday, which was last month but we're celebrating now. We were planning on the beach but, like last weekend, it's predicted to rain so we're going to be in Boston exploring Harvard and stuff. He's adamant that we will be walking the beach in the rain and to be prepared. Rain boots? Flip Flops? Barefoot? I'm uneducated on rainy beach wear!

Anywho, today I'm showing you my weekend mani! It's really simple but it conveys what I was hoping for! I used two (or was it three?) coats of Essie French Affair, which, according to the sound of the name, should be a French mani type polish but is definitely opaque pink. While the top coat was drying, I added hot pink holo hearts to the accent fingers (ring and thumb) and then two coats of Gelous on top.

Low light

In artificial light

I got a little help from my friends on this mani: Alaina, Robyn, and Amanda all helped me via Twitter to decide which base and which color hearts looked best. They didn't know it was all mushy-gushy-lovey-dovey-weekend-with-my-boyfriend themed, but they helped nonetheless ;)

xoxo,
Amanda

6 comments:

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

I 'love' it, bahaha! Have fun!

TINA PERIć said...

what a great color,i love pink! what's the name of color?

Jenna Froggy said...

Awww, this is really cute!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you! :)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Essie, French Affair

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks Amanda :)