Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lazy 15: Inspired by Another Blogger's Mani

Hey guys and gals! Last post of the lazy 15 and I'm pretty relieved, tbh. Nothing like a challenge to teach you that you need a LOT more practice at nail art before you're considered "good", haha! I tried though and finished it (also, I was only late once which seems notable!).


So for the final challenge, we had to try something inspired by another manicure. I ended up doing a very professional google image search for "nail art dots" and came up with this mani by Little Green Heart. It was based off another blogger's mani as well so it feels like this is some sort of paying-it-forward situation... but anyway. I happened to buy a set of Claire's pastel minis and this seemed like a perfect opportunity to use them all. Instead of doing the white base, I chose the Claire's pink and peach and then did the dots in the three remaining colors: green, blue, and purple. The minis are unnamed so I can't really identify them beyond that but it was fairly recent and they were just a 5-pack of minis, something about "pretty" in the name? Anyway... the base:


And then my dots:


I loved my accent nails but I sucked at making half moons with a gap like Little Green Heart did in hers. However, since I sucked uniformly, it looks like it was the intention. I actually loved this mani and I wore it for a day or so, which is pretty much a record in this world. The polishes were pretty easy to work with except the pinky, which you can see was a bit temperamental. But anyway, the lazy 15 is now officially over! Did you have any favorites?




xoxo,
Amanda

9 comments:

Sarah Crawford said...

Very pretty! I love dots and the colors you used look great together!

Wendy said...

Lolll at sucking uniformly! Made me laugh, mani looks great! x x x

Amanda (Fashion Footing) said...

So cute! I love it!

Nati said...

Your mani looks great! I love the colours you used and how they combine together.

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you! I didn't even have to think about it too much because I saw the set and knew it'd be perfect as-is! ;)

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thanks Mandy Pandy!

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Thank you! I'm obsessed with pastels these days, they're so prettyyyyy!

girlsarepretty said...

I think the dotted half-moons and the diagonal stripe dots... Gonna sock this away in my idea bank.

Amanda, Nail Polish Enthusiast said...

Glad to give you some inspiration... check out the original for what the dotted half moons SHOULD look like!